I want healthy teeth and gums
Regular check ups and having your teeth cleaned professionally are vital to ensuring healthy teeth and gums. Your Genix Healthcare/GENCARE dentist will usually recommend a dental check up at least once a year, but this will depend on the condition of your teeth and the treatments you have had in the past.
Routine dental care is available on:
- GENCARE - the affordable alternative to NHS and private dentistry
Dental hygienists are specially trained to clean patients' teeth professionally, which is usually referred to as scaling and polishing. The hygienist plays a vital role in the dental team, and perhaps their most important task is showing patients the best way to keep their teeth free of plaque. They also give advice on diet and preventing dental decay.
It's a fact - 19 out of 20 people suffer from gum disease at some point in their life, making it the most common, non-infectious disease in the world (National Smile Month). Gum disease is the main cause for loss of adult teeth.
Genix Healthcare hygienists can provide the following services to patients:
- Preventive advice - day-to-day care of your gums and teeth
- Dental care and tooth brushing sessions for your children
- Teeth cleaning and polishing
- Administration of fluoride
- Administration of anaesthetic, if necessary
- Applying fissure seal on children's teeth
- Advice on giving up smoking
- Stain removal with AIR-FLOW professional cleaning system - eg tea, coffee or red wine stains.
Hygienist services for children
If you find it difficult to get your child to brush their teeth or just want to educate them on the importance of healthy teeth and gums, we also offer tooth brushing sessions.
The session includes:
- Polishing your child's teeth
- Advice and education on maintaining healthy teeth and gums
- Demonstration - with the use of disclosing tablets and an intra oral camera
- Healthy Teeth & Gums kit to encourage your child to brush at home
Preventive dental care products
Genix Healthcare offers a range of dental care products at its clinics that can help to prevent dental and oral problems, from toothbrushes to mouth wash and dental floss. Our hygienists and friendly reception staff will help you to select the most suitable products for you and your family.
PLEASE NOTE that some dental treatments and services on offer may differ from clinic to clinic. Please call your local Genix Healthcare or GENCARE dental clinic to find out which treatments and services are available.